This page explains how to use the module Calculator: roofing of BricoCalculette that allows you to calculate easily the total length of the battens and the number of tiles or slates. Click on the link list of calculators and converters, to know all the other modules of BricoCalculette.
The Calculator: roofing allows you to calculate the total length of the battens and the number of tiles or slates of whom slaters will have to use during the pose of a roof on rectangular slopes. Those total length of the battens and number of tiles are according to the dimensions of the slope of the roof and the exposure. Attention this calculation concerns a single slope. If the roof has two slopes, multiply the result by two.
To calculate the number of tiles and total length of the battens
1) Select the unit of measurement with which you wish to work.
2) Enter the value of the slope length. This length corresponds to the distance between the left edge and the right edge of the roof slope.
3) Click on & button.
4) Enter the value of the slope width. This width corresponds to the distance between the bottom edge and the roof summit.
5) Click on & button.
6) Enter the value of the tiles width.
7) Click on & button.
8) Enter the value of the gauge.
9) Click on f= button to calculate. The result of the roofing calculation is displayed in the input area and the area of formula after the entered parameters. By default it is the number of tiles that displays.
10) Click on Battens option to show the quantity (total lenght) of battens necessary for the pose of roof.
Using the result of the calculation
The result of the roofing calculation is automatically saved and you can reuse it as a parameter value of another calculation by click on MR button.
You can also copy this result into the clipboard of Windows by running the key combination "Ctrl + C". This allows you to retrieve the value in another program or a Word document, Excel file or an email.