This page explains how to use the module Calculator: stairs of BricoCalculette that allows you to calculate this easily. Click on the link list of calculators and converters, to know all the other modules of BricoCalculette.
The Calculator: stairs allows you to calculate the height, the horizontal stair run and number of steps of a straight staircase.
The calculation is performed so that the height of steps is between 16 and 19 cm (6.30 and 7.48 in) so as to ensure the comfort of walking.
To calculate the size of a straight stair
1) Select the unit of measurement with which you wish to work.
2) Enter the value of the height to ground floor. This height is the vertical distance between the starting point of the stairway on ground floor and ending point on the upper floor.
3) Click on & button.
4) Enter the tread depth.
5) Click on f= button. By default it is the step height that appears.
6) Click Run option view the run of the stairs.
7) Click Number option to view the number of steps of the stair.
Using the result of the calculation
The result of the calculation (size of a straight stair) is automatically saved and you can reuse it as a parameter value of another calculation by click on MR button.
You can also copy this result into the clipboard of Windows by running the key combination "Ctrl + C". This allows you to retrieve the value in another program or a Word document, Excel file or an email.