This page explains how to use the module Calculator: concrete of BricoCalculette that allows you to calculate this easily. Click on the link list of calculators and converters, to know all the other modules of BricoCalculette.
The Calculator: concrete allows you to calculate the quantities of the various elements making up the concrete in order to obtain the desired volume. You can calculate the volume using the standard calculator or specialized calculators in different volumes calculations and that are accessible from the list below the formula area.
To calculate the quantities for concrete
1) Select the unit of measurement with which you wish to work.
2) Enter the value of the volume of concrete or mortar that you want.
3) Click on & button. The input field is replaced by a listbox.
4) Select the type of concrete or mortar that you want to do.
5) Click on f= button for calculate. By default, this is the amount of cement required for the volume of concrete or mortar that appears.
6) Click on Water option to display the volume of water.
7) Click on Sand option to display the quantity of sand.
8) Click on Gravel option to display the quantity of gravel.
Using the result of the calculation
The result of the calculation of quantities for concrete is automatically saved and you can reuse it as a parameter value of another calculation by click on MR button.
You can also copy this result into the clipboard of Windows by running the key combination "Ctrl + C". This allows you to retrieve the value in another program or a Word document, Excel file or an email.